Locations of new historical markers

Here are the titles and locations of the city’s initial collection of 10 new historical markers, created and erected in late 2015:

The Evolution of Biloxi Tourism, On the grounds of the Biloxi Visitors Center, 1050 Beach Blvd.

The Biloxi Lighthouse, On Beach Boulevard, south of the Lighthouse, at Porter Avenue and U.S. 90, at north edge of parking lot.

Biloxi City Park and Welcome Sign, on the Town Green, at corner of Main Street and Beach Boulevard

Biloxi’s Famous Schooner Races, on sand beach adjacent to the schooner pier, 367 Beach Blvd

Biloxi Cemetery, in the Biloxi Cemetery at the location of the old caretakers cottage, 1166 Beach Blvd.

Biloxi City Hall,  on Lameuse Street in front of City Hall, 140 Lameuse St.

Downtown Biloxi,  on Howard Avenue just east of Reynoir Street.

Point Cadet, on the corner of Cadet and First streets.

The Landing of Pierre LeMoyne d’Iberville, on the seawall south of the Lighthouse and west of the Lighthouse pier.

Back Bay Factories,  on the north side of Bayview Avenue at Parker Street, near the old Ice Wharf.

Want more? If you have a suggestion for additional markers, email Historical Administrator Bill Raymond.