Isaac briefing — 4 p.m. Saturday

The latest on Tropical Storm Isaac, from the National Weather Service:

Tropical Storm Isaac current forecast track has changed little since yesterday. Forecast intensity has increased, with Isaac now expected to be a Category 2 hurricane at its U.S. landfall.

Tropical storm force wind probabilities range from 40-50 percent for the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and 30-40 percent for the Louisiana coast. Hurricane force wind probabilities 10 percent or less.

Isaac is very disorganized and weaker due to interaction with mountains in Haiti and Cuba. The storm is expected to intensify once over open water.

Portions of our area still reside in cone of uncertainty. Some of the model guidance has shifted more to the west. Will have to monitor closely for the next couple of days.

The detailed briefing: To see the 4 p.m. local briefing from the National Weather Service, click here.