Storm & Flood Preparedness 2008 citywide newsletter
The city’s “Storm & Flood Preparedness” guide – a 12-page compendium of useful advice on preparing for storms and flooding – arrives in homes and businesses thoughout Biloxi the week of June 23, 2008. This guide, which includes Vietnamese and Spanish stories, also features the existing and FEMA-proposed flood maps.
A guide to your online version of the Storm and Flood Preparedness guide: (click on individual paragraphs to see individual pages):
- Page 1: New season, same advice: Be prepared, prepare now.. What to do and when to do it, plus a message from Mayor Holloway.
- Page 2: Evacuation map, and information on storm shelters, flood insurance and how to dispose of lawn clippings.
- Page 3: Information on building codes and construction permits, plus a FEMA-created diagram about flood elevations and how they impact flood-insurance rates.
- Page 4: Information about Coast Transit's free emergency evacuation transporation; how to prepare for construction projects; FEMA’s youth-oriented web site; the benefits of direct deposit; and “Katrina & Biloxi” cablecast by Cable One and the city.
- Page 5: Read about the city’s e-news program.
- Pages 6-7: Hurricane Tracking Map, tips for before, during and after the storm; 2008 season storm names, and local media contact info.
- Pages 8-9: The existing floodplain, along with FEMA’s proposed floodplain.
- Page 10: Vietnamese and Spanish translations; and info on the city’s color-coded permitting procedure.
- Page 11: Frequently called numbers for local, state and federal agencies, and information about the city’s web site.
- Page 12:News about the city’s “Katrina & Biloxi” photo album and DVD.
To view the files, you will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader. Click here to download Acrobat Reader.